Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 97 – June 30, 2011

Today has been a really, really good day. What can I say? It just has! It started off with the mandatory argument with the alarm, followed by about 10 60-second intervals of wondering what garments would I choose to decorate my anatomy. Then, as I was running around like a chicken without a head, I hear Mr. Grasshopper announce that Tripod and Freckles had a friend over and would not get back into the palace. Great! I thought, now we were really going to be not punctual! Mr. G was half not awake and clearly described their furry friend as a creature of the barking kind. That posed another set of actions in my mind. So I put my walking garments on and walked out decided to face the barking friend. As it turned out it was not one barking friend, but 3 furry friends of the meowing kind, you know, the same kind as Ms Whiskers!!! It was so funny! The three of them were just standing there, not moving, while Freckles refused to move away. She had them under control. Life could go on safely as she was in charge! When we finally convinced her to let them live and brought her back into the Palace, two of our friends (I had spoken about them in a previous post), decided to entice our dear Tripod and Freckles by walking, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y right on the other side of the glass wall. Tails up and very proud look on their faces. Needless to say, Freckles was begging to be let out so she could eat them both in one sitting!

Mr. G and I laughed so much wondering why he thought it was one creature of a different kind, and we got to the conclusion that from far away, seeing the three of them together, looked like one big one. After I dropped Mr. G at the learning house I followed the path to the part of this metropolis that makes me a little nervous because I get seriously turned around. I am proud to report that this time around, I did not lose my sense of direction! YAY FOR THE CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!! I arrived to my appointment on time and the session went by flawlessly. After that, I called the Manager, picked her up and enjoyed the midday meal with her. What a rare and amazing privilege it is to sit across from such a fine young human being! The nutrition was delicious and the company superb.

Then it was time to pick up the Grasshopper. We decided to come to the palace for a little break from the not-so-cold temperatures and plan an outing to the viewing house. Everything was fine and dandy. I worked on Old Faithful for a little bit and we both rushed to the car in order to arrive on time for the next show. Right. The second I closed the door I realized that I had left the opening device inside, along with the opening device for the Red Bullet. Great! Diva was at her gainful employment and could not assist us until 60 minutes later, but, since we have already established that the universe adores me, along comes Lord 2, returning from a day of employment. I promise you, I could've kissed his feet! I have never felt happier to see him. Hehehe. Well, that truly prevented us from arriving to the viewing house on time, so we decided to have some ice cream. Yes, you heard right. When everything else fails, I eat ice cream. At least for now. Then we paid a visit to Mrs. Bite, who is extremely happy with her relationship with Zorba.

Now that we are back I am ready to put this brain to rest and recharge. Talk to you tomorrow! ;)

No comments: